Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Sitting on Top of the World

During the summer we are always on the go... Heading to this BBQ, that festival, this picnic, that party... I think you pretty much get it... Summer is all about fun and food, but let's not forget about fashion!  

I've always lived outside the city in the suburbs.  While living in Mississippi this wasn't a problem... A 15 mile drive only took you 15 minutes... Moving to Atlanta, however, changed my life... Traffic, traffic, traffic... This small town girl just could not get used to a 15 mile drive turning into an hour long road trip.  For the first 6 months I was literally late to everything...  I even arrived to my own pinning ceremony an hour late because I was stuck in traffic...

Fast forward... I've been living here for two years and I think I've finally gotten a hang of traffic... I know when and when not to leave my house lol... But most of all I've learned how to pack for a day.. Yes really... Everyday before I leave my house I pack a bag for the day...  It usually includes some workout clothes, pjs and an outfit for the next day... You just never know...  Especially after Snow Apocalypse '14 -- Yes I survived after being stranded... 

Just a little background...  
I live 33 miles north of Downtown Atlanta (according to Siri it would take me 51 minutes to get to downtown); my school is 23 miles from where I live (it takes 48 minutes to get to my school); however, my school is only 13 miles/25 minutes away from downtown... 

I spend most of my day at school... After classes there's always that one friend that wants to go somewhere downtown... But wait... I can't just rush home and change my outfit...  That's when I finally got the hang of Day to Night looks.. I always went places in my "school clothes" because I just refused to drive all the way back home and then head back downtown... In case you guys haven't checked... Gas is a little too high... and AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!! 

Since I've moved to Atlanta and now that I'm in professional school my wardrobe has totally changed... I find myself only buying clothes that are functional to my lifestyle... Can I wear it to school?  How can I transform it in case a friend wants to go out to dinner or to a party after class?  The easiest transformation pieces for me are skirts and dresses...  I always find myself taking a dress and pulling a skirt over it... Check out this Day to Night look I pulled off...  




This first look is perfect for brunch with friends or a BBQ with coworkers 


Have a date planned after that BBQ?  Slip off the skirt to show a more fitted dress perfect for any date! 

Dress from Target, Shoes from ASOS 


Skirt from Ross
Pictures were taken on the Jackson Street Bridge, Atlanta, Ga 



No comments:

Post a Comment