Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Plus Size In The City

So we all know that Carrie Bradshaw started it all - the tutu moment we all remember!  I absolutely loved watching Sex in the City just to see what Sarah Jessica Parker would wear next... That was the first time I thought about getting a tutu...  I still remember that gorgeous mint tulle skirt she wore while in Paris right before Big told her she was... The One... but she can get away with anything...right?  I mean she's so tiny and petite so everything is cute on her...  Plus, I couldn't dare put on a skirt that would make me look any bigger than I was... 

Fast forward a few years after that movie and the TuTu Trend jumped off... Everybody was wearing one... Still I didn't feel comfortable getting one... What grown woman would wear a tutu? But then life was received and I starting seeing plus size bloggers I admire wearing one...  +gabifresh,  +Garnerstyle,  
+NaturallyFashionable,  +Chardline Faiteau+Jay Miranda  and +CeCe Olisa.  I knew the time had come... I buckled down and started looking for a tutu.  I surfed all over the web... The tutus I found were at least $100... I'm not sure about ya'lls coins... but mine just didn't agree with paying that much for a skirt I would probably wear once.... I had given up... A year later while getting my daily dose of IG, I ran across a picture of my prophyte promoting her new business Krafty Kreations.  She specializes in designing Krafty Kreations including wreaths for any occasion, tutus, home accent pieces, etc. Not only were her tutus AMAZING, but I also paid under half the cost of tutu's I was finding online.  If you like my tutu definitely contact her and place an order wreaths_4_u@yahoo.com.  Here's a look at my tutu and some other tutus she has created… 







So, I finally have my tutu and I'm stuck... How do I wear it? I researched a million Pinterest sites just to find how other people were pairing theres... Nothing seemed to catch my eye.  Then one day while looking for a sweatshirt to wear for Mardi Gras, I stumbled across the site CustomPlus.  I'd fallen in love with the Beyonce "Surfboard" sweat shirt only to get it and it was a BIG BUST!!!  The "S" and "D" literally stretched to underneath my armpits... I was completely done with the site... But before I closed out, I decided to give it one more try and bought the +Size tshirt thinking it would go great with my new tutu... As soon as it came in I tried it on with the skirt and ding ding ding, WE HAVE A WINNER.  I paired the outfit with shoes from ASOS.  Check out my outfit below and let me know what you think.   

It was my photographer's idea to get balloons… I think it adds a nice romantic touch to the photos!! 













                                              





























Like my hair in the photos? Check out this brief video to get an idea of my Twist and Curl for transitioning hair! 








  



No comments:

Post a Comment