Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Year of Preparation Towards CURVES. COURAGE.CURLS.COUTURE

Okay.  It's time to stop being scared!  Today I will start my blogging journey.  I've always wanted to do it, but never had the courage to START.  So today... I START being COURAGEOUS!

I'd like to call 2014 My Year of Preparation. 
The Year of CURVES.COURAGE.CURLS.COUTURE.CHRIST 

Wow.  God is truly amazing.  I had finished writing my first entry in this blog.  The short message above was all I had written down.  So excited to finally start it, I wanted to see if my blog could be found on google's search engines.... I typed in the name CURVES. COURAGE.CURLS.COUTURE... To my surprise, my blog didn't show up in the search engine.  So, I moved on to the title of this article... "The Year of Preparation" (now this is where God worked)  You know Google automatically starts telling you what they think you're looking for... and as I typed, I saw Esther's Year of Preparation pop up in the search engine.   Now if you know me,  you know that Esther is my favorite person of all time... I just had to click on the link to see what it said.   Now I have read the story of Esther numerous times... But this time, I found something new--the importance of Esther's preparation for king Xerxes.  If you aren't familiar with the story of Esther I highly suggest reading it!  Here's a preview of the story...Spoiler Alert.. 

Esther 2:12-15  Now when the turn of each young lady came to go in to King Ahasuerus, after the end of her twelve months under the regulations for the women--for the days of their beautification were completed as follows: six months with oil of myrrh and six months with spices and the cosmetics for women--  (13)  the young lady would go in to the king in this way: anything that she desired was given her to take with her from the harem to the king's palace.  (14)  In the evening she would go in and in the morning she would return to the second harem, to the custody of Shaashgaz, the king's eunuch who was in charge of the concubines. She would not again go in to the king unless the king delighted in her and she was summoned by name. (15)  Now when the turn of Esther, the daughter of Abihail the uncle of Mordecai who had taken her as his daughter, came to go in to the king, she did not request anything except what Hegai, the king's eunuch who was in charge of the women, advised. And Esther found favor in the eyes of all who saw her.


After reading the article I realized that God has a plan for me.    For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10  Ester is in each of us.  The timing of her preparation was exactly what God wanted.  Esther didn't have to compete, she just needed to be complete.  If God is for us, who can be against us? I am ready to start living God's plan for me.  Like Esther, this is my Preparation for the King! 

This year I will not only bring CURVES. COURAGE.CURLS.COUTURE but I will also bold and underline CHRIST!

Let the preparation begin! 





2 comments: